To get a better version of any app, an update is necessary. Instagram update gives you access to the latest version of Instagram with new features and bug fixes. Instagram update can be done via your Google playstore or Apple appstore for Android and iOS users respectively.
Once you update the Instagram app, the old version automatically deletes and is replaced by the new version, in the process of deleting and replacing the old version for the new version none of your data will be lost or deleted, they will be automatically transferred to the new version.
Furthermore, these updates can be in the form of updating your feeds. Whenever you close the Instagram app and reopen it your feeds will be automatically updated. You can also update Instagram feeds by swiping down on the Instagram home page or by tapping on the big bold INSTAGRAM at the top of the Instagram home page, once feeds are updated you cannot go back to the previous feeds but you can simply swipe up and older feeds will be seen after the updated feeds. Top posts come first when feeds are updated, feeds are not arranged in order of time.
HOW TO UPDATE THE INSTAGRAM APP
Instagram update can be done on your device through your Google play store or Apple appstore, here we’re going to show you how to update the Instagram app
- Activate your internet connection
- Open the play store or AppStore
- Tap the 3 horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen or the updates button at the bottom right corner (for Android and iOS users respectively)
- Tap my apps and games. (Android users only)
- Look for the Instagram app and tap update next to it
Your Instagram app will update and install by itself. Once updated you cannot go back to the previous version of the app and if you take too long before you update an app the older version will become outdated and won’t function properly or function at all.
INSTAGRAM UPDATES | LATEST INSTAGRAM FEATURES
Whenever a new version of Instagram is available, there’s always a new feature added or updating features that already exist, with Instagram update you can upgrade to the new version of Instagram to enjoy all features. Below are some of the top Instagram features
- Explore page: the explore page is designed to show you only what you are interested in. It brings feeds from the post you’ve previously viewed and liked, from post related to people you follow
- Instagram stories: Instagram stories are short videos that allows the user to post or view pictures and videos of 15 seconds, Instagram stories are found at the top of your screen and expire after 24 hours. You can post more than the item on your Instagram story
- IGTV: IGTV is Instagram very own channel. Unlike the normal video post and stories with very little time, you can post videos of about an hour on your IGTV channel. IGTV is located at the top right corner of your screen.
With these amazing features, you can enjoy Instagram all day, seeing only posts you want to see. This features can also be used in marketing, in the sense of advertisements.