Facebook group chat is a feature of Facebook that allows multiple people to chat and converse on a single platform, chats sent by any member of and will be seen by all its member.
There are no limits to the number of chats or media sent in this group. However, there is a limit to the size of media that can be sent to the group and all formats of media can also be sent even voice notes.
Once created, a group cannot contain more than 250 participants and it can be created by anyone for any reason, be it education, funs and games, social reasons or even marketing and advertising. No one can just add you to any group, you’ll first be sent an invite link asking you to join the group, then you can decide whether or not to join the group. If you do not want to be notified for every chat that enters the group you can turn off the group notification.
HOW TO CREATE A FACEBOOK GROUP CHAT
Creating a Facebook group chat is very easy and free. In just a minute or two of your time, you can create and add members to it. Below are 4 easy steps to guide you.
- Launch messenger app and log in to your Facebook account
- Tap on new message icon (+ in a blue circle background at the bottom right corner of the page)
- Search for the name of the person you want to chat with
- Add more people to the chat to create a group chat
And that’s it, you can now send messages to multiple people at a go, members who join the group after the chat has started will still be able to see previous messages from other participants before he joined the group.
HOW TO NAME A FACEBOOK GROUP CHAT
When creating a Facebook group chat you do not get the option to name, but after creating it you can change the name, this is how to do so
- Open messenger app
- Open the group you want to name
- Tap the top of the screen where the name of the participants is for iOS users. Android users can tap on the info icon(i)
- iOS users should tap on edit while the Android users tap on the options icon (3 vertical dots)
- Navigate and tap on change name
- Enter the name of your choice and tap done.
In conclusion, after you’ve changed the name of a Facebook group chat the name will be visible to all participants and you can edit at any time by following the same steps.